Kynoch & Robertson of Aberdeen: a proud painting and decorating heritage
Little Greene Leather - 191
Kynoch & Robertson has a proud history in Aberdeen, boasting more than 100 years of painting and decorating work to the North East of Scotland. We employ a team of highly skilled decorators, many of whom have been with us since their apprenticeships. We carry out work for private and commercial customers as well as supplying decorating products direct from our Rosemount Place shop.
Over the years we have been involved in numerous challenging and prestigious projects, including the redecoration of Aberdeen’s famous Music Hall in 1985 and St Mark’s church in 2004.
Farrow And Ball Rectory Red : No. 217
How it all began…
The company was founded in 1910 by two painters whose names were Mr Kynoch and Mr Robertson. Their painting and decorating business was run from a rented shop at 280 Rosemount Place, Aberdeen until retirement in 1954. At that point the business was purchased by forebears of the current directors, who had been running a similar business, J.A. & J.Rasmussen, at Berryden Road.
Farrow & Ball Red Earth - 64
...and onwards towards a successful future!
Over the years, the property has been transformed. The first showroom opened in 1970 at 276 Rosemount Place, where the office is now situated.
Following a number of other developments, K&R (as it is affectionately known in the trade) is still here and our expert decorating team is ready to help with your next project. We have continued to invest in an impressive selection of decorating supplies, wallcoverings and fabrics to suit the tastes and requirements of DIY enthusiasts and tradespeople alike.
Farrow & Ball Incarnadine - 248